- This event has passed.
Nottingham – Global Day for Climate Action
November 6, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
We will be joining with various other groups and movements from Nottingham for this event (which is part of a global day of action!)
On 6 November 2021, as world leaders meet in Glasgow for the COP26 Global Climate Summit, towns and cities across the world will take to the streets demanding global climate justice.
Meet at the Forest Recreation Ground at 1pm,
marching down Mansfield Road at 2pm
and rallying in the Market Square at 3pm.
We are living through a period of multiple breaking points – from climate to covid to racism. We know that these crises not only overlap, but share the same cause.
While no one can escape the impacts of these crises, those who have done least to cause them suffer the most. Across the world, the poorest people and communities of colour are too often those bearing the brunt of the climate crisis. From coastal villages in Norfolk whose sea-defences are eroding faster than ever, to people living by the Niger Delta rivers blackened by oil spillage.
More info of the global campaign here cop26coalition.org
We are calling for:
NO MORE COOKING THE BOOKS
No To Fossil Fuels, Net-zero And False Solutions!
- Fight For 1.5
- We Need Real Zero, Not Net Zero
- Keep It In The Ground: No New Fossil Fuel Investments Or Infrastructure
- Reject False Solutions: No To Carbon Markets And Risky And Unproven Technologies
REWIRE THE SYSTEM
Start The Justice Transition Now!
- Start The Justice Transition
GLOBAL CLIMATE JUSTICE
Reparations And Redistribution To The Global South!
- Fair share of effort from all rich countries
- Cancel the debts of Global South by all creditors
- Grant-based climate finance for the Global South
- Reparations for the loss and damage already happening in the Global South