notts pension fund - divest now!
The Nottinghamshire Pension Fund Committee are happy to continue to invest in fossil fuels driving global heating to 2°C and beyond.
They have recently lost £81million by continuing to hold fossil fuel investments.
The AGM is on Thu 21st Jan – get involved now!
Take action now...
Really easy email action HERE whether you are a pension fund member or not. Let the committee know that you are extremely concerned about their reckless use of Nottinghamshire workers’ pension savings.
Do this action at home inside or in your garden
Use your daily exercise to write a message, pay a visit to Nottinghamshire County Council or other employers listed below
- Take a photo in landscape orientation.
- Frame your face and your message (and location)
- Look into your camera lens and try not to look like someone from crimestoppers!
- Put the photo on your own social media using #DivestNotts #FossilFree #FightFor1point5
- 2 Degrees = Deadly Heatwaves
- 2 Degrees = Floods, Wildfires
- 2 Degrees = Famine, War, Death
- 2 Degrees is NOT OK
- Notts County Council – unfit to govern
- Divest Now – before it’s too late
- NCC £81million lost on fossil fuel investments
- Invest in renewables and create local jobs
- Make sustainable investments now
Other major employers that use the pension fund
Trent Bridge House (West Bridgford)
County Council offices (Arnold)
Sir John Robinson Way
Gedling Borough Council (Arnold)
Arnot Hill Park
Broxtowe Borough Council Offices (Beeston)
Ashfield Council Offices (Hucknall)
Newark and Sherwood District Council (Newark)
Great North Road
And even more places to visit – all the employers that pay into the fund listed HERE
other ways to get involved...
Print out THIS POSTER and stick up in your office or home or anywhere you want!
You can sign up to XR Nottingham’s main email list HERE for more info on this and other campaigns, events and actions.
We have a Twitter account specifically for this campaign @DivestNotts – please follow this account and retweet to help spread the word