notts pension fund - divest now!
Let the Nottinghamshire Pension Fund Committee know we are not happy for them to continue to invest in fossil fuels driving global heating to 2°C and beyond, with our 5 part action generator.
- Pick an Action
- Pick a location
- Pick a Slogan
- Take a photo
- Send it off
1 Pick An action
Do this action at home inside or in your garden
Use your daily exercise to write a message, pay a visit to Nottinghamshire County Council or other employers listed below
Don’t forget to frame yourself and the message (and location)
Leave a series little messages in NCC branding to let them know 2 degrees warming is not OK.
- Apply stickers at places where they will be seen, lamp posts, bus shelters.
- Some lamposts are very dirty, you could take a rag to clean a spot for your sticker
- NB Stickers don’t adhere when it’s frosty.
Make a placard using your own message, the Slogans below or print one from the Placards and Posters folder.
Either have a single placard or a run of several.
Use your daily exercise to pay a visit to Nottinghamshire County Council or another location
Tape a wood or bamboo stick to the back so that you can push it into the ground into a flower bed
Or tie/tape your message to a railing somewhere visible
2 Pick A location
- Ravenshead,Milton Crescent
- Bradmore,Loughborough Road
- Mansfield, Everton Street
- Attenborough, Long Lane
- Bingham,Tithby Road
- Sutton-in-Ashfield,Redcliffe Street
- Sutton-in-Ashfield,High Street,Stanton Hill
- Worksop,Langold,Williams Street
- Ravenshead,Milton Crescent
- Mansfield north
Other major employers that use the pension fund
Over 400 employers including district councils , libraries, leisure centres, service providers and schools use the pension fund. Encourage them to encourage the Pension fund committee to divest.
Trent Bridge House (West Bridgford)
County Council offices (Arnold)
Sir John Robinson Way
Gedling Borough Council (Arnold)
Arnot Hill Park
Broxtowe Borough Council Offices (Beeston)
Ashfield Council Offices (Hucknall)
Newark and Sherwood District Council (Newark)
Great North Road
All the employers that pay into the fund are listed HERE
Use your daily exercise to leave your messages around.
- Pedestrian Crossings
- Train, bus and tram stops
- Car parks
- Recycling Bins
- Busy thoroughfares
If you can’t get out don’t worry you can still help; you can do a selfie from home, send and email or even put a poster in your window.
3 Pick a Slogan
- 2 Degrees = Heatwaves
- 2 Degrees = Floods
- 2 Degrees = Wildfires
- 2 Degrees = Famine
- 2 Degrees = Death
- 2 Degrees is NOT OK
- Divest Now – before it’s too late
- Divest Fosil Fuels Now!
- Notts County Council – unfit to govern
- Invest in renewables and create local jobs
- Make sustainable investments now
- Green Investments = Job opportunities
4 Take a photo
5 Send it off
- Message: Put your in your own words why the pension fund should act now. Use the resources on the campaign page for facts and inspiration.
- Hashtags: #DivestNotts #FossilFree #FightFor1point5
- Tag committee members: @Eric__Kerry @Francis19PH @tomhollis93
- Tag the council: @NottsCC
- Tag press: @nottslive @BBCNottingham @bbcemt
- Tag XR: @divestnotts